Some of the information that would be helpful, but not necessary for our first meeting would be:
- Current pay stubs so we can get an idea of your income (the last 6 months would be helpful, but not necessary for our first meeting).
- All of your bills, collections letters, lawsuit information, etc. or a credit report (we can get all 3 for you for free). If you have trouble gathering this information we can help you obtain it and get all 3 free credit reports for you.
- Your tax returns (if you are required to file) for the last 2 years. If you have trouble getting them we can assist you or get it for you.
- If you have an automobile loan, a current statement with the name, address, account number and payoff balance would be helpful.
- If you own a home, a current mortgage statement, deed to your house, homestead declaration, appraisal or tax assessed value of your home would be helpful. If you have trouble getting any of these documents we can assist you or get it for you.
If you can not get any or all of this information when we meet for the first time it is OK and not a problem and we will still have a productive meeting. Again, if you have any problems getting any of the above information we can assist you and have the resources to help you get the necessary information or get it for you.
Below is a list of resource links to help you:
Credit Report Resources
Massachusetts Registry of Deeds
Automobile Valuation Resources (Kelly Blue Book and NADA)
US Bankruptcy Courts in MA & RI
Registry of Deeds
Fall River District Registry of Deeds: 441 North Main Street, Fall River, MA (508)-673-2910
Covering Fall River, MA, Freetown, MA, Somerset, MA, Swansea, MA
New Bedford Registry of Deeds: 25 North Sixth Street, New Bedford, MA 508-993-2603
Covering: Acushnet, MA, Dartmouth, MA, Fairhaven, MA, New Bedford, MA and Westport, MA
Taunton Registry of Deeds: 11 Court Street, Taunton, MA 508-822-0502
Covering: Attleboro, Berkley, Dighton, Easton, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton, Raynham, Rehoboth, Seekonk, and Taunton MA.
Plymouth County Registry of Deeds: Main Office: 50 Obery Street, Plymouth MA. 508-830-9200
Also with offices in Brockton and Rockland, covering: Bridgewater, Carver, Lakeville, Marion, Middleboro, Mattapoisett, Plymouth, Rochester, Wareham, and West Bridgewater Massachusetts
Lowell - Middlesex North Registry of Deeds: 360 Gorham Street - Lowell, Mass. 978-322-9000
Covering Middlesex North Towns of: Billerica MA, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Dracut, Dunstable, Lowell, Tewksbury, Tyngsborough, Westford & Wilmington Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Tax Assessors Office - Links & Telephone
See all available MA tax assessors offices at:
Acushnet: (508) 998-0205
Attleboro: (508) 223-2222
Boston: (617) 635-4287
Bourne: (508) 759-0600
Brockton: (508) 580-7194
Carver: (508) 866-3410
Dartmouth: (508) 910-1809
Dighton: (508) 669-5043
East Bridgewater: (508) 378-1609
Easton: (508) 230-0521
Fairhaven: (508) 979-4018
Fall River: (508) 324-2300
Freetown Tax Assessor: (508) 644-2201
Lakeville: (508) 947-4428
Marion: (508) 748-3510
Mattapoisett: (508) 758-4106
Middleborough: (508) 946-2410
New Bedford: (508) 979-1440
North Attleboro: (508) 699-0117
Raynham: (508) 824-2704
Seekonk: (508) 336-2980
Somerset: (508) 646-2824
Swansea: (508) 324-6702
Taunton: (508) 821-1057
Wareham: (508) 291-3160
Westport: (508) 636-1012