Some of the information that would be helpful, but not necessary for our first meeting would be:
- Current pay stubs so we can get an idea of your income (the last 6 months would be helpful, but not necessary for our first meeting).
- All of your bills, collections letters, lawsuit information, etc. or a credit report (we can get all 3 for you for free). If you have trouble gathering this information we can help you obtain it and get all 3 free credit reports for you.
- Your tax returns (if you are required to file) for the last 2 years. If you have trouble getting them, we can assist you or get it for you.
- If you have an automobile loan, a current statement with the name, address, account number and payoff balance would be helpful.
- If you own a home, current mortgage statement, deed to your house, homestead declaration, appraisal or tax assessed value of your home would be helpful. If you have trouble getting any of these documents we can assist you or get it for you.
If you can not get any or all of this information when we meet for the first time it is OK and we will still have a productive meeting. Again, if you have any problems getting any of the above information we can assist you and have the resources to help you get the necessary information or get it for you.
Below is a list of resource links to help you:
Credit Report Resources
Massachusetts Registry of Deeds
Automobile Valuation Resources (Kelly Blue Book and NADA)
US Bankruptcy Courts in MA & RI
Registry of Deeds
Covering Fall River, MA, Freetown, MA, Somerset, MA, Swansea, MA
Covering: Acushnet, MA, Dartmouth, MA, Fairhaven, MA, New Bedford, MA and Westport, MA
Covering: Attleboro, Berkley, Dighton, Easton, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton, Raynham, Rehoboth, Seekonk, and Taunton MA.
Also with offices in Brockton and Rockland, covering: Bridgewater, Carver, Lakeville, Marion, Middleboro, Mattapoisett, Plymouth, Rochester, Wareham, and West Bridgewater Massachusetts
Lowell - Middlesex North Registry of Deeds
: 360 Gorham Street - Lowell, Mass. 978-322-9000
Covering Middlesex North Towns of: Billerica MA, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Dracut, Dunstable, Lowell, Tewksbury, Tyngsborough, Westford & Wilmington Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Tax Assessors Office - Links & Telephone